To Get Started:
Choose the membership option that best fits your needs.
Franciscan’s Other Ways to Grow Disciples & Leaders
Franciscan University of Steubenville offers a rich array of specific formation pathways for certain groups and especially for leaders, including:
- The Catechetical Review
- School of Spiritual Direction
- Summer Conferences for Adult Formation
- Summer Conferences for Youth Formation
- Franciscan LEAD for the Formation of Young Leaders
- Discipleship Quads
- Parish Missions by Franciscan Presenters
- Faith and Reason
- Online Master’s Degree in Catholic Leadership
- Online Master’s Degree in Catechetics and Evangelization
- Online Master’s Degree in Theology and Christian Ministry
- Online Master’s Degree in Education
- Online Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Online Associate’s Degree in Theology
- Online Associate’s Degree in Philosophy
- Other Franciscan University Degrees
In the works...
- Institute for Diaconal Renewal
- Training for Pastors: Successful Financial Management of a Parish
- Priestly Renewal Track
- Music Ministry Track
- Special Needs Track
- Diocesan Officials Track
- African American Faith & Family Track
- Culture of Life Track
- Sports Ministry Track
For your convenience, we allow an institution to pay by credit card or by check. Whether you choose to pay by check or credit card, you will be given access to the ministry formation workshops immediately upon completion of the registration process.
Whether you are signing up with or without a partnering diocese, our $400 annual subscription allows all teachers, catechists, catechetical leaders, administrators, parents, and interested individuals within your institution (parish, school, apostolate, religious order, etc.) to be formed using the vast array of workshops offered here.
The site is designed to be intuitive and easy to use for all types of learners.
Once subscribed, your institution can onboard for free as many people as desired within your community, and leaders may mentor any of these individuals one-to-one or in groups.
An institution can also view reports on individuals’ progress, evaluations, demographics, and assessments of training effectiveness, and can use the site to keep all records digitally, both from this platform’s workshops and from any formation/training taken elsewhere.
Parishes subscribe for $400 annually. Mission parishes are granted access for free (they can participate under the subscription for their mother parish or register on their own).
Regional or independent schools (elementary or high school) gain access to FranciscanAtHome.com with their own $400 annual subscription. Schools directly and solely operated by a single parish are included for free under that parish’s annual subscription.
Other types of institutions (religious orders, apostolates, hospitals, colleges, social service entities, etc.) gain access with their own $400 annual subscription. Please contact us to discuss the particular features we’ve designed for these types of organizations.
Tracks visible online now are those that have enough workshops posted to be “open” (many more are then added over time after we open a track with its first few workshops). We have over 200 workshops in a dozen ministry areas, adding 3-4 new workshops every month – all designed to provide a mentorship/pastoral accompaniment method of ministry formation. Spanning over 35 countries, we serve over 25,000 people in ministry through our online workshops. And they give glowing reviews of the formation and accompaniment they have received.
Here is a list of our ministry formation tracks.
Feel free to view a sample workshop.
The following resources may be helpful for parishes, schools, & other institutions seeking to use our workshops:
- Catechetical Institute Overview (PDF)
- How to Sign-up Your Institution and Give Individuals Free Access (Tutorial Video)
- Onboarding Institutions & Individuals to the Franciscan At Home site (PDF)
- Successfully Implementing Franciscan At Home (Video)
- Motivating Others to Grow (Video)
- Using Our Workshops in a Group Setting (PDF)
- How to Successfully, Fruitfully Mentor Others (PDF)
- Our Ministry Formation Magazine: The Catechetical Review - free to all institutions and learners (Website)
- Our Annual Conference: the St. John Bosco Conference for Evangelization and Catechetics (Website)
The Catechetical Institute (CI) of Franciscan University of Steubenville provides access to all institutions (parishes and/or schools) that are associated with a partnering diocese to Franciscan University’s learning management system at FranciscanAtHome.com.
This site is designed to be intuitive and easy to use for all types of learners and hosts an ever-expanding array of ministry formation workshops designed to meet the needs of learners in the diocese in all ministry areas, including parents.
Once parishes and schools are onboarded to the online platform, a diocesan partnership provides access for an unlimited number of learners to all tracks and workshops currently posted and available, as well as those added to the system during the course of a diocese’s ongoing partnership.
For a diocese to use these resources, there is no diocesan fee. Individual parishes or schools pay an annual subscription, which is negotiated with each of our partner dioceses and is designed to be highly affordable, in keeping with our Franciscan charism to form people for ministry in a fiscally non-exclusive manner, with a spirit of generosity to provide the very best resources for the poorest institutions and individuals.
Anyone associated with a subscribing parish or school would then be able to use the entire system for free, linked through your diocese’s page, customized to look the way you desire.
Feel free to visit the landing pages of our over 120 partner dioceses by looking at the drop-down list clickable at the top right of this page called “Partnering Dioceses.”
FranciscanAtHome.com access includes the diocese’s ability to:
- Allow an unlimited number of people from subscribing parishes and schools to become learners on the system.
- Recruit, onboard onto FranciscanAtHome.com, and train using this site any mentors that a diocese engages.
- Create and manage relationships between mentors and learners for the diocese.
- Create and maintain a custom diocese-specific landing page on FranciscanAtHome.com.
- Create custom tracks and populate those tracks with collections of CI workshops on FranciscanAtHome.com.
- View reports available on FranciscanAtHome.com for individuals’ progress, evaluations, demographic reports, and assessments of training effectiveness.
- Generate custom certificates and keep all records digitally, both from this platform’s workshops and from any formation/training taken elsewhere.
Tracks visible online now are those that have enough workshops posted to be “open” (many more are then added over time after we open a track with its first few workshops).
We have over 200 workshops in a dozen ministry areas, adding 2-3 new workshops every month – all designed to provide a mentorship/pastoral accompaniment method of ministry formation.
Spanning over 131 countries and territories, we serve over 40,000 people in ministry through our online workshops. And they give glowing reviews of the formation and accompaniment they have received.
If you would like to observe a Catechetical Institute Formation Day in another diocese (highly recommended!), you can view our calendar here.
We are happy to give any diocesan officials full and free access to our ministry formation platform to look around through a link specific to your diocese.
View a list of our ministry formation tracks.
Browse a sample workshop.
The following PDFs may be helpful as you consider a partnership with us:
CI’s Deputy Director, and Contact for Partnerships in Diocese in OH, Southern MI, Western PA, MD and WV, and in Western Europe, Central and South American, and Africa.
Dr. Bill Keimig
For Partnerships in the Southern United States
Dr. Mark Ginter
For Partnerships in the Northern United States and Canada
Dr. Stella Marie Jeffrey
For Partnerships in Central and Eastern Europe, and Russia
For Partnerships in Asia and Oceania
Katrina Herlambang, MA
For Creation and Changes to the Diocesan Landing Pages and Tech Support